Bag of concrete with sand
Mould to cast in — we used a tall soda can
Scissors or a utility knife
1. To begin, cut the top off of your soda can.
2. Add a small amount of water into can.
3. Add a cup of concrete mix and stir.
4. Continue to add in concrete dust and water (repeating steps 2 & 3) until the concrete mix and water becomes thick. (The less soupy the mix, the stronger the cast)
5. Using a paint stick or dowel rod, tap up and down shaking your mold gently. This will even out the concrete.
6. Place your candle on top of the concrete and gently press down until candle is flush with the mix.
7. While lightly holding the inserted candle in place, tap up and down to shake mix evenly around the candle.
8. Leave to dry overnight. Check every few hours continuing to press candle even with candle surface.
9. Once dried, gently score the cast using scissors or utility knife and pull away aluminum.